Breaking News

VIDEO] Cheap Way to Get Rid of Head Lice that Doctors Won’t Tell You

 When I found out I had lice I was pretty disgusted. The thought of bugs on me was petrifying! I wasted money on expensive lice shampoos and tried dog shampoo and other treatments that didn’t work. I decided there must be a cheaper way…



Rubbing Alcohol? Dog Shampoo? What Works on Lice?

I acquired lice on my waist-length hair from school-aged kids. I tried everything from an expensive prescription shampoo to over-the-counter lice shampoos. I even tried dog shampoos! Nothing worked. (Spoiler alert! Dog shampoo doesn’t work.)


After reading the contents of each shampoo I tried, I realized that each one seemed to contain some amount of alcohol. In the end, I found the cheapest treatment of lice prevention that even low-income people can afford, and which totally worked. 

Rubbing alcohol! It costs under a dollar a bottle and goes further than any other lice shampoo.

I used isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle on my kids too and it was quick and easy. As soon as you wet the hair and comb it out, any adult lice fell out dead. I just repeated this every few days making sure I got the newly hatched ones too.

Alcohol: The Secret to Curing Lice Cheaply

I’m not sure why doctors don’t tell low-income people about this secret, since alcohol is so much cheaper than lice shampoo. But they should know about it!

The best way to use alcohol to get rid of lice is to mix it in a spray bottle with a few drops of lavender oil. 


Just make sure you use the alcohol outside or in a ventilated indoor area to protect yourself from the fumes. When you’re done, blow dry your hair to apply a bit of heat to the critters.



Source: Hub Pages

Walang komento